Tuesday, February 15, 2011

McLuhan Photoshop Final Post


         For my photoshop assignment, the new form of media that I chose to use was smartphones. Of all new media, I feel that this is the most important form because almost everyone is switching over to a smartphone whether it is the iphone, droid, or blackberry. The power of these phones is remarkable. I believe that the use of smartphones will one day make using computers obsolete because of their capabilities. As seen, I took an image of a smartphone and placed icons on it that I feel are crucial to the "content" of smartphones. Most smartphones are capable of connecting to skype and facebook, and can also allow users to listen to music of their choice. The image of the laptop is also one that I felt was important to include. Most smartphones also have the capability of a laptop and allow people to access the internet, send emails, and write documents when needed. Lastly, I included an image of a man and woman speaking across the world. I think that this is also extremely important because it is one of the main "messages" of these devices. These phones have finally made it possible to communicate and constantly stay connected with people who may be on the other side of the world. The overall message of these phones is that they have capabilities of most computers and I believe will take the place of them in the future. 
     Aside from these images , I placed the phone on top of an image of a person's hand as to coincide with the phrase "The future is in your hands".  I believe that this is also part of the "message" that McLuhan is trying to describe. The future of computers and technology really is in the palms of the hands of many with the use of these phones. Lastly, I included the arrow pointing toward the smartphones to be very specific in the type of technology that I was referencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment